Fairmont Banff Springs, 405 Spray Avenue
Situated in the midst of the Fairmont Banff Springs Golf Course away from Banff’s bustling downtown, Stanley’s Smokehouse is a compelling place for good ol’ southern BBQ. The all-day menu showcases tender and tasty meats smoked in-house for up to 24 hours. A complimentary shuttle departs every half hour from the hotel’s main entrance.
A panoramic bank of windows afford diners views of celebrated Stanley Thompson fairways, Bow River waters, and Rundle and Tunnel mountains. The patio overlooks the ninth green, while the lounge offers soft seats and big screen sports.
- Breakfast: three eggs any style and choice of bacon, ham or sausage; breakfast bagel; muesli; berry parfait; smoked salmon bagel; corned beef hash
- Appetizers: soup; Caesar salad; cobb salad; seared salmon salad; beef chili; nachos; chicken wings
- Battered fish; crispy smoked pork; chicken wings; sweet corn velouté with Cajun shrimp; twice smoked brisket with garlic aioli
- Clubhouse Classics: ale battered fish and chips; NY striploin; grilled salmon; pesto tagliatelle
- Sandwiches (all served with choice of fries, sweet potato fries, onion rings, greens, Caesar salad, coleslaw or rice): Stanley burger; chicken mushroom Swiss burger; smoked Alberta beef cheese steak; triple decker club; eggplant Parmesan ciabatta
- Plates (served with choice of fries, sweet potato fries, onion rings, greens, Caesar salad, coleslaw or rice): St. Louis rack of ribs; half chicken; smoked brisket; pulled pork
- Desserts: warm chocolate brownie; apple pie; maple pecan tart; Cascade sundae
Mains: $17 to $48; breakfast $14 to $20
Wines: $27 to $87, 14 choices; $12 to $19 by the glass, eight choices
May to October; breakfast 6:30 am to 10:30 am; all-day menu 11 am to 8 pm; snack bar 9 am to 8 pm