Sleeping Buffalo Restaurant & Lounge
#700 Tunnel Mountain Road
Located just a few minutes from the heart of Banff Avenue, Buffalo Mountain Lodge is a mountain oasis. Led by Head Chef, Kelly Strutt, Sleeping Buffalo dining room features Rocky Mountain Cuisine, which consists of high-quality, locally procured ingredients. Rocky Mountain Cuisine is best described as an artful assemblage of Canadian ingredients such as bison and elk raised on CRMR Ranch, sustainable seafood, prairie-grown grains and locally sourced vegetables. The wine list won gold at the Vancouver International Wine Awards and focuses on boutique wines.
The Sleeping Buffalo Dining room was recently renovated and now has a more modern look. Taking inspiration from natural elements surrounding the lodge such as wood and stone and incorporating additional natural materials such as granite and leather, the dining room reflects upon the components that make up Banff’s natural and stunning landscapes and the mountain lifestyle.
Surrounded by high vaulted pine ceilings made from post and beam architecture, the warm and intimate atmosphere within the dining room has remained just as cozy as before, but with a more contemporary look.
- Mixed Grill: two eggs any style, elk cranberry sausage, bacon, back bacon, lodge potatoes, toast & preserves
- Eggs Benedict: poached eggs, english muffin, back bacon, chive hollandaise sauce, tomatoes, lodge potatoes
- Brioche French Toast: mixed berry compote, maple whip cream
- Smoked Pork Chop & Eggs: two eggs any style, grilled ham chop, potatoes, toast, preserves
- Game Hash: two poached eggs, sauteed game meats, potatoes, red onion, tomato & corn, toast & preserves
- Huevos Rancheros: two eggs any style, tortilla, pico do gallo, refried black beans, jack cheese, avocado, lodge potatoes
- Wild Mushroom Omelette: mushrooms, green scallions, asiago cheese, tomatoes, lodge potatoes, toast & preserves
- Mountain Granola: fresh berries, greek vanilla yogurt
- Toasted Breakfast Bagel: fried egg, back bacon, cheese, tomato
Breakfast Buffet: Every Saturday & Sunday for $23
- Daily Made Fresh Soup
- Charcuterie Board: landjäger, air dried beef, prosciutto, smoked duck breast, wild boar pâté, aged sylvan star gouda, mustard melons, olives, gherkins, rye bread
- Squash Bisque: roasted seasonal squash, ginger, sweet garlic, red pepper coulis, pumpkin seed oil
- Heirloom Tomato Salad: burrata cheese, arugula, aged balsamic, basil olive oil vinaigrette
- Ahi Tuna: rare seared loin, daikon, cucumber & carrot slaw, fried wontons, pickled ginger, wasabi foam
- Appetizers: charcuterie; daily made fresh soup, squash bisque, heirloom tomato salad, artisan salad, ahi tuna, arctic char
- Fusilli Pasta: snap peas, asparagus, spinach, tomatoes, herb olive oil pesto, pecorino cheese
- Linguine Pasta: game chorizo, roasted pepper, zucchini, scallions, red wine marinara, parmesan
- Tomato Flatbread: roasted heirloom tomatoes, basil, fresh mozzarella, parmesan
- Duck Flatbread: confit leg, pancetta, walnut pesto crust, grilled zucchini, portabella, fontina
- Free Range Chicken: roasted supreme, vegetable risotto, wild mushroom medley, green asparagus, pan jus
- Game Burger: ground bison, braised pulled beef, brioche bun, smoked gouda, tomato jam, house frites, coleslaw
- Atlantic Cod: pan seared loin, cannellini bean vegetable stew, citrus & cucumber salad, herb vinaigrette
- Elk Striploin: roasted loin, corn & scallion fritters, honey roasted carrots, BBQ whiskey veal glaze
- Alberta Beef: grilled tenderloin, crushed red potatoes, spinach & bell peppers, green beans, pearl onion glaze
- Wild Boar: braised belly & grilled chop, sweet potato purée, apple relish, broccolini, calvados jus
- 2004 DIDIER DAGUENEAU Pouilly-Fumé Buisson Renard
- 2014 MAC FORBES RS7
- 2010 VILLARS-FONTAINE Haut-Côtes de Nuits
- 2012 HOWLING BLUFF Reserve
- 2014 BRASH HIGGINS Shiraz
- 2014 CEDARCREEK Estate Select
Monday: Happy Hour from 3pm - 5pm; Alberta craft beers, Prosecco or Aperol Spritz cocktail $6.
Tuesday: Happy Hour from 3pm - 5pm; Alberta craft beers, Prosecco or Aperol Spritz cocktail $6.
Wednesday: Happy Hour from 3pm - 5pm; Alberta craft beers, Prosecco or Aperol Spritz cocktail $6.
Thursday: Happy Hour from 3pm - 5pm; Alberta craft beers, Prosecco or Aperol Spritz cocktail $6.
Friday: Happy Hour from 3pm - 5pm; Alberta craft beers, Prosecco or Aperol Spritz cocktail $6.
Sunday: Happy Hour from 3pm - 5pm; Alberta craft beers, Prosecco or Aperol Spritz cocktail $6.
Weekend Breakfast Buffet: $23
Dinner: $25- $44
Wines:$38-$135 per bottle
7 – 11 am
Friday to Sunday (excluding holidays) from 12 – 5 pm
5:30 - 9 pm. Bar Service until 10:00 pm.