Sleeping Buffalo Restaurant & Lounge
#700 Tunnel Mountain Road
Located just a few minutes from the heart of Banff Avenue, Buffalo Mountain Lodge is a mountain oasis. Led by Head Chef, Kelly Strutt, Sleeping Buffalo dining room features Rocky Mountain Cuisine, which consists of high-quality, locally procured ingredients. Rocky Mountain Cuisine is best described as an artful assemblage of Canadian ingredients such as bison and elk raised on CRMR Ranch, sustainable seafood, prairie-grown grains and locally sourced vegetables. The wine list won gold at the Vancouver International Wine Awards and focuses on boutique wines.
The Sleeping Buffalo Dining room was recently renovated and now has a more modern look. Taking inspiration from natural elements surrounding the lodge such as wood and stone and incorporating additional natural materials such as granite and leather, the dining room reflects upon the components that make up Banff’s natural and stunning landscapes and the mountain lifestyle.
Surrounded by high vaulted pine ceilings made from post and beam architecture, the warm and intimate atmosphere within the dining room has remained just as cozy as before, but with a more contemporary look.
- Mixed Grill: two eggs any style, elk cranberry sausage, bacon, back bacon, lodge potatoes, toast & preserves
- Mountain Burritos: corn, scrambled eggs, pico de gallo, refried black beans, jack cheese, chorizo, lodge potatoes
- Eggs Benedict: poached eggs, english muffin, back bacon or smoked salmon, chive hollandaise sauce, lodge potatoes
- Brioche French Toast: mixed berry compote, blueberry maple syrup, crème fraîche
- Artisan Salad: grilled pear, baby lettuce, spiced pecans, sherry thyme vinaigrette, benedictine blue cheese
- Duck Confit: apple cabbage slaw, Belgium endive, blood orange and sherry vinaigrette
- Vegetable Quiche: roasted squash, spinach, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, Swiss cheese, house salad
- Appetizers: Charcuterie; Onion Soup Gratin; Beet Gnocchi; Seared Scallops; Atlantic Mussels
- Pizza and Pasta: Elk Meat Balls: tomato and mushrooms ragout, roasted rapini, grana padano; Roasted Clams: pappardelle, game chorizo sausage, wine, garlic, spinach, cherry tomatoes, parsley; Tomato Flatbread; Chicken Flatbread
- Free Range Chicken Cocotte: wild mushrooms, cream, white wine, polenta fries, snap peas, carrots
- Lodge Burger: ground bison, braised pulled beef, brioche bun, smoked gouda, bacon tomato jam, house fries, slaw
- Arctic Char: ancient grain risotto, cherry tomatoes, fennel and saffron relish, bok choy
- Bison Short Ribs: sweet potatoes, bacon lardon, roasted root vegetables, pan juices
- Alberta Beef: red potato pancetta hash, morel mushroom glaze, sweet onion purée, green beans
- Wild Boar: celery root purée, maple whiskey glaze, brussel sprout leaves, beets
- Lamb Shank: Tuscan bean and Merguez sausage ragu, rosemerry jus, rapini
- 2004 DIDIER DAGUENEAU Pouilly-Fumé Buisson Renard
- 2014 MAC FORBES RS7
- 2010 VILLARS-FONTAINE Haut-Côtes de Nuits
- 2012 HOWLING BLUFF Reserve
- 2014 BRASH HIGGINS Shiraz
- 2014 CEDARCREEK Estate Select
Monday: Happy Hour from 3pm - 5pm; Alberta craft beers, Prosecco or Aperol Spritz cocktail $6.
Tuesday: Happy Hour from 3pm - 5pm; Alberta craft beers, Prosecco or Aperol Spritz cocktail $6.
Wednesday: Happy Hour from 3pm - 5pm; Alberta craft beers, Prosecco or Aperol Spritz cocktail $6.
Thursday: Happy Hour from 3pm - 5pm; Alberta craft beers, Prosecco or Aperol Spritz cocktail $6.
Friday: Happy Hour from 3pm - 5pm; Alberta craft beers, Prosecco or Aperol Spritz cocktail $6.
Sunday: Happy Hour from 3pm - 5pm; Alberta craft beers, Prosecco or Aperol Spritz cocktail $6.
Dinner: $25- $38
Wines:$38-$135 per bottle
7 – 11 am
Friday to Sunday (excluding holidays) from 12 – 5 pm
5:30 - 9 pm. Bar Service until 10:00 pm.
Related Blog Posts
Sneak Peek into Winter!
November 16, 2018