1 Mountain Avenue
At the 2,281-m (7,486-ft) summit complex of the Banff Gondola sightseeing lift choose full-service Sky Bistro, self-serve Northern Lights Café or grab-and-go Castle Mountain Coffee. The incredible 360° view includes Banff townsite, Cascade and Rundle mountains, the Bow River, Lake Minnewanka, the Fairmont Banff Springs hotel and golf course, and, if you’re lucky, a herd of bighorn sheep. Allow time to enjoy the interpretive displays, observation decks and Sulphur Mountain boardwalk. Facilities are available for private group and special occasion bookings.
Glass walls and window-side tables bring the outside in and offer dramatic mountain views. Sky Bistro’s elegant and relaxed décor is accented with tree trunks, antlers and historic Banff photography; the lounge area offers soft seating and high seats at the bar. At Northern Lights Café, chefs run carving and serving stations which offers an elevated cafeteria experience.
- All venues feature Canadian foods, beers and wines. Find fresh produce, on-site baking and Starbucks coffee.
- Appetizers: Seasonal Soup; Ocean to Sky Seafood Chowder; Honey Glazed Duck Wings; Roasted Squash Fritters; Breakfast to Start: egg, blueberry sausage, herb scone, roasted vine ripened tomato
- Salads: Sulphur Mountain Caesar; Fennel Salad: radiccio, Okanagan apple, pecorino, pumpkin seeds, truffle vinaigrette; Brussel Sprout Salad: roasted beet, frisée, local honey, Valbella prosciutto, manchego, balsamic
- Lunch: Alberta Prime Rib Dip; Sanson’s Pork Stew; 8 oz Sky Burger; Roasted Squash Toastie
- Kuterra Farms Salmon: wild rice, farro, barley, Swiss chard, grilled rapini, citrus herb butter
- Stout Braised Alberta Beef Short Ribs: Alberta beef, BC mushrooms, parsnip purée, roasted brussel sprouts, Banff Ave Brew Co. Stout jus
- Sky Bistro Gnocchi: sweet potato gnocchi, sage brown butter sauce, parsnip purée, pea shoots, roquefort
- Desert: Strawberry Shortcake; Elevated Trio of Chocolate; Gourmet PB&J Jar: coconut and milk chocolate, dark chocolate ganache, peanut butter mousse, grape jelly, peanut crumble
Northern Lights Café
- Hot Selections: Carved-to-order Prime Rib; Salmon; Vegetarian Curry and Rice; Roasted Baby Red Potato; Seasonal Vegetables; Soup
- Salads with greens, dressing and topping options
- Pizzas: Cheese; Pepperoni; Feature
- Assorted pies, cakes and squares
Sky Bistro: mains $28 to $39; Sky Experience $89 (includes gondola ticket and two courses; book online)
Sky Bistro Drinks: wines $39 to $73, 15 choices; $10 to $13.75 by the glass; local craft beer $6.50; locally distilled spirits $7
Sky Bistro: April 1 to Oct 10, 11 am to 7:30 pm (last seating); Oct 10 to March 31, Tuesday-Saturday 11 am to 7:30 pm last seating, Sunday/Monday 11 am to 3 pm
Northern Lights Cafe: April 1 to Oct 10