Tommy’s Neighbourhood Pub
120 Banff Avenue
Established in 1995, Tommy’s is a friendly downtown Banff institution. This is a favourite place to rub shoulders with locals, and enjoy good Canadian and English pub food and drink. Restaurant owner (and the pub’s namesake) Tom Soukas is especially proud of the homemade soups and sauces that accompany meals.
The casual décor includes pine furniture and finishes, stained glass, wood carvings and eclectic memorabilia. There‘s a central bar with counter seating and a small sidewalk patio beside Banff Avenue. Enjoy big screen HD sports, darts and video games. During the day Tommy’s is family friendly; it becomes lively later at night.
Partake in open mic night Wednesdays 10 pm to close (or just enjoy the music).
- Lighter Fare: wings; beer battered shrimp; dry pork ribs; mozzarella sticks; deep fried pickles; zucchini sticks; veggie spring rolls; perogies; pub platter (any four of the above plus fries and onion rings); spinach artichoke dip;
nacho grande; Tommy’s spuds; garlic cheese bread; veggie pub platter
- Homemade Soups: of the day; bread bowl homemade chowder
- Salads (add grilled or Cajun chicken, or salmon): beef taco in a crisp tortilla bowl; Caesar; spinach with mushrooms; Cobb with chicken souvlaki
- Stuffed Panini: chicken cordon bleu (breaded chicken tenders); Tommy’s (chicken, bacon, cheddar); vegetarian (spinach, feta, red onion, peppers)
- Quesadilla (one or two tortillas): chicken; Philly steak; spinach and feta
- Lasagna (with garlic toast); Beef Stew or Chilli (with house salad)
- Renowned Burgers (beef, buffalo, elk, chicken, salmon or veggie): Canadian (cheddar, bacon, mushrooms); Greek (feta, olives); Santa Fe (mozzarella, salsa, guacamole); BBQ (Swiss cheese, fried onions); black Jack (candied onions, sun dried tomatoes, peppers, chipotle mayo, jalapeño Jack cheese)
- Sandwiches: Alberta beef dip; hot chicken with gravy; clubhouse; New York steak; chicken Caesar wrap; pulled pork; grilled salmon
- Pub Favourites: chicken fingers; shepherd’s pie; beer battered fish
Mains: $9.25 to $15; daily food specials on blackboard; kids’ meals $5.50 to $7.25
Drinks: From $4.75; wines by the glass or bottle; eight beers on tap; bottled beer and highball specials
11 am to 2 am