222 Lynx Street
At this hidden gem inside Banff Park Lodge, European trained chefs create Italian specialties. Their beautiful presentations please the eye as well as the palette. The commitment to local ingredients includes Alberta raised beef and lamb, and Broxburn tomatoes.
Atmosphere & Accolades
La Terrazza offers a relaxed respite after a day of mountain activities. Linen-clad tables, rundlerock features and a Sundance Range view from atrium windows contribute to the fine dining experience. TripAdvisor has awarded this restaurant a Certificate of Excellence. Before or after dinner, enjoy a cocktail or special coffee by the fireplace in the adjacent lounge that also offers a separate, more casual menu.
The Banff Park Lodge is also home to family-friendly Chinook Restaurant that boasts a great mountain view, plus a spectacular Sunday brunch and ski season theme dinners.
- Appetizers: antipasto (cheese, fig chutney, prosciutto ham, salami, olives, spiced almonds); calamari (Big Rock Traditional Ale batter, pico de gallo salsa); steamed clams (onion, garlic, white wine butter sauce); steamed mussels (onion, garlic, tomato broth)
- Soups: minestrone (housemade vegetable stock, tomatoes, seasonal vegetables)
- Salads: Terrazza salad (greens, arugula, caramelized carrots, torn mint, strawberries, goat cheese, tomatoes, pine nuts, herb vinaigrette); Caprese salad (Broxburn heirloom tomatoes, basil, fiore di latte cheese, balsamic vinegar)
- Pasta: lasagna; roselline (pasta roses, mozzarella, ham, tomato rose sauce); garganelli arrabbiata (cacciatore salami, onion, garlic, housemade tomato sauce); linguine vongole (clams, onions, chilies, garlic, parsley, white wine butter sauce)
- Brome Lake Duck Breast: roasted duck breast with farro, fresh seasonal vegetables and Sambuca peach syrup
- Veal Saltimbocca: Quebec veal, proscuitoo crudo di Parma, fresh seasonal vegetables, baby potatoes and Barolo wine jus
- Italian Sausage with Braised Pork Belly: creamy polenta, fresh seasonal vegetables and red wine jus
- Alberta Charred Lamb Lollipops: grilled lamb from Innisfail Alberta, with crispy polenta, torn herbs, fresh seasonal vegetables, housemade minted yogurt and rosemary jus
- Alberta AAA New York Steak: 9-oz striploin with roasted baby potatoes, fresh seasonal vegetables, horseradish, herb butter and red wine jus
- Organic King Salmon: with mixed spring greens, grilled endive, fingerling potatoes, orange segments and limoncello vinaigrette
- Desserts: tiramisu; caramellatta (white chocolate, cream, crème brûlée); strawberries balsamico (strawberries, balsamic vinegar, black pepper, basil); Belgium dark chocolate mousse (housemade dark chocolate mousse, blood orange, orange jellies, crispy chocolate pearls, ruby grapefruit caramel); sorbet; gelato
Mains: $20 to $42
Drinks: wines $35 to $160, 60 choices, $8.50 to $12 by the glass, 12 choices; cocktails of fresh muddled fruit, fresh herbs and premium spirits, $10 to $13; beer by the bottle and on tap (including Alberta brews), $6.50 to $9
5:30 to 11 pm