Balkan the Greek Restaurant
120 Banff Avenue
Serving modern Greek food in the heart of Banff, The Balkan welcomes guests with its authentic flavours, hospitality and festivity. The menu features classic Greek dishes with a modern twist, prepared with the staple ingredients of a healthy Mediterranean diet.
‘Crumbling’ stone walls in the dining room evoke a sense of ancient Greece, and granite bar tops and rich oak finishes add to the warm, inviting atmosphere.
Tuesday Greek Night (Banff’s only dinner show) features belly dancers, plate smashing and ouzo shooters. The fun starts around 8:30 pm
- Salads (add chicken, kalamari or shrimp): horiatiki (Greek); Mediterranean (chickpeas, peppers, tomatoes); warm haloumi (Cyprus cheese, vegetables)
- Burgers and Pitas: Stavros burger (lamb, pork, feta, cucumber and garlic yoghurt); donair pita wrap; souvlaki
- Appetizers: handmade pita with dips (hummus, tzatziki spicy feta, roasted eggplant); fried feta balls; kalamari; saganaki (mussels, prawns, scallops)
- Platters (for two or more): seafood (lemon salmon, kalamari, ouzo cream mussels, scallops, prawns, dips); ultimate Greek (starters, dips, salads, mains, sides)
- Linguini Santorini: seafood, garlic tomatoes, white wine, basil feta
- Seafood Stew: saffron tomato broth, prawns, white fish, scallops, mussels
- Moussaka: spiced ground beef; layers of potatoes, eggplant, zucchini; béchamel sauce (vegetarian option)
- Bison Tenderloin Medallions: bacon, kroketta potatas, peppercorn sauce
- Athenian Chicken: stuffed with spinach, leeks, herb tomato sauce, feta
- Gemista: baked peppers stuffed with roasted vegetables, mint, parsley and rice
- Lemon and Herb Lamb Rack: roasted veg, orzo, rosemary, feta dipping sauce
- Souvlaki Swords: chicken, sirloin, pork or lamb with tzatziki and pita
- Arni Psito (house specialty from an old family recipe): 12-hour slow-roasted lamb shank, lemon jus, vegetables, rice pilaf, lemon roasted potatoes
- Greek Donair Pita: housemade donair meat, tzaziki, lettuce, tomato, onion
Monday: Lunch only: Greek Pita Pizza with choice of side for $13. Double Caesar $8.
Tuesday: Lunch only: Steak Pita Wrap with choice of a side for $13. Jugs of Sangria $35.
Wednesday: Lunch only: Greek Donair with choice of side for $12. Mighty Aphrodite Cocktail $8.
Thursday: Lunch only: Pork Gyros with choice of side $12. Jugs of Sangria $35.
Friday: Lunch only: Lamb & Tzatziki Pita with choice of side $12. The Razz Cocktail $8.
Mains: $19 to $38; $14 to $20 at lunch
Drinks: Wines $39 to $160, 65 choices; $12 to $20 by the glass, 17 choices; exotic signature cocktails from fresh local ingredients
Lunch 11:30 am to 3:30 pm; dinner 4 to 10 pm
Related Blog Posts
Why the Balkan is a Girls’ Night Favourite
December 28, 2016
Tribute to the Balkan’s Greek Pita
June 30, 2016