Samurai Sushi Bar & Restaurant
Fairmont Banff Springs, 405 Spray Avenue
Whether you are a seasoned Japanese cuisine aficionado, or have never tasted sashimi, Samurai Sushi Bar & Restaurant takes patrons on a journey through Japan with tasty, expertly prepared food.
Using fresh ingredients (fish is flown in from Vancouver), this intimate Fairmont Banff Springs restaurant serves authentic cuisine ranging from traditional sushi made to order, to hot pot dinners such as shabu-shabu and sukiyaki. Don’t miss the weekly specials.
Choose a sushi bar seat so you can watch as chefs create meals right in front of your eyes. Enjoy the aptly themed Japanese décor.
- Appetizers: sashimi plate; sushi plate; soft shell crab; tuna or beef tataki (citrus soya sauce); fresh oysters; edamame; adedashi tofu; saikyoyaki (grilled marinated sable fish); chicken shioyaki (teriyaki sauce); assorted tempura (shrimp, vegetables)
- Soup: miso; tempura udon; kitsune udon (fried tofu)
- Salads: house; seafood; sunomono; goma ae
- Assorted Raw, Cooked and Marinated Nigiri and Sashimi: including shrimp, cuddle fish, yellow tail, red snapper, BBQ sea or fresh water eel, mackerel
- Rolled and Cone Sushi: including salmon, tuna, soft shell crab, shrimp tempura, rainbow, California
- Sashimi Dinner: includes appetizer, miso soup, steamed rice and 12 pieces of assorted sashimi
- Matsu or Take Sushi Dinner: with miso soup and set number of pieces of assorted nigiri and maki sushi
- Samurai Party Boat: 48 pieces of assorted nigiri and maki sushi rolls (with Gekkeikan hot sake option)
- Traditional Hot Pots for Two: Yosenabe with seafood, chicken, vegetables, noodles, tofu and fish broth; Sukiyaki with thinly sliced beef, noodles, tofu and sweet soya sauce; Shabu-Shabu with thinly sliced beef, noodles, vegetables, tofu and seaweed broth
Mains: nigiri (2 pcs) $9 to $14; sashimi (5 pcs) $15 to $25; rolled sushi (usually 6 pcs) $6 to $18; cone roll (1 pc) $6 to $11; sushi and sashimi dinners $48 to $96; hot pots for two $69 to $72
Drinks: wines $40 to $77, 13 choices, $8 to $13 by the glass, nine choices; sake and Japanese beer
6 to 9 pm; closed Tuesday and Wednesday