Saltlik A Rare Steakhouse
221 Bear Street
Saltlik is an iconic Banff steakhouse, known for its impressive selection of AAA, Prime and Certified Angus Beef steaks complemented by a diverse collection of wines from the open-to-view cellar. Steaks are flame grilled in a 1,200°F infrared oven that quickly seals in juices for tender, flavourful results.
This elegant and comfortable restaurant features a vaulted ceiling, fireplace and heated patio with mountain views. The Lik Lounge downstairs offers a more casual dining experience with value-priced lunch menu items also available at dinner. Both the restaurant and lounge serve signature beers and cocktails.
- Appetizers: wok fired calamari; wings (hot sauce, blue cheese); tuna tartare; Almost Famous dry ribs; Baja shrimp; feta and cucumber dip; chorizo stuffed dates; fully loaded nachos
- Soups: French onion (glazed onions, caramelized Emmental); daily feature
- Royale with Cheese: ground Kobe style beef, bacon, cheddar
- Double Fisted Cheddar Burger; Miso Turkey Burger; Pulled Pork
- Caesar Salad: add chicken, steak, ahi tuna or shrimp
- Ahi Tuna Salad (goat cheese, French dressing, beets, potatoes, avocado, olives, basil pesto); Skuna Bay Salmon Salad (red and yellow beets, boiled egg, potatoes, lemon Dijon vinaigrette)
- Sides: sweet potato fries; cheese toast; prawn skewer; grilled asparagus; truffle mushroom mac and cheese; scalloped potatoes; lobster tail
- Pan Seared Nordlaks Salmon Filet: tomato caper chutney, roasted leeks
- Chili Rubbed Ribs: housemade BBQ sauce
- Hanger Steak: roasted fingerling potatoes, tomatoes, au jus, aged balsamic
- Bone-In Ribeye: 17 oz, citrus rosemary butter
- Steaks (Certified Angus Beef): chipotle prime sirloin (8- or 10-oz); 10-oz blue cheese California cut striploin; 12-oz peppercorn New York cut striploin; 7-oz petit filet with béarnaise sauce
- Desserts: walnut torte (walnut sponge, vanilla bean whipped cream); triple chocolate mousse cake (layered with whipped cream, fresh mint and berries); lemon tart (puff pastry shell, lemon curd filling, Italian meringue)
Monday: Cocktails $2 off.
Tuesday: 14-oz Lik beer sleeves $4.50.
Wednesday: 6-oz glass of house wine $6.25; 9-oz glass of house wine $8; half-litre of house wine $15.75.
Thursday: $10 off Mission Hill bottles of wine.
Friday: 2-oz margaritas $9.
Saturday: Stanley Park beers 14-oz sleeves $5.75.
Sunday: 1-oz Grape Smash $6, 2-oz $9; 14-oz Lik beer sleeves $4.50; Canard-Duchene Authentic Brut Rose Champagne $69.
Mains: $16.50 to $42.50; lunch $14 to $35
Drinks: wines $31 to $385, 41 choices, $8 to $16 by the glass, 14 choices; Saltlik classic cocktails, bourbon and whiskey cocktails; signature Saltlik beers and martinis
11 am to late
Related Blog Posts
Saltlik’s Backyard BBQ Flavour
May 31, 2016