Bear Street Tavern
211 Bear Street
Featured on the popular Food Network TV show You Gotta Eat Here, this trend-setting restaurant promises “bear sized cocktails, ridiculously good pizza and tavern classics to satisfy any hungry Banff adventurer.” The funky décor features panelled walls inset with mountain sport murals, wood floors and furnishings, counter seats and tables for two to 15, and an open-to-view kitchen.
There are unique bottled boutique beers and regional brews on tap. In summer, the garden courtyard patio offers respite a block from bustling Banff Avenue. Check online for food and drink specials Sunday to Tuesday, and Thursday.
- Salads: Caesar with smoked bison; Mediterranean with cucumber, olives and feta; beets with goat cheese and toasted pecans
- Classics: garlic cheese fingers; pulled pork nachos with housemade salsa; roasted pepper and chipotle dip; pork belly mac and cheese; bruschetta; mahi mahi fish tacos with chipotle tartar sauce; chicken wings; pork spare ribs with soy honey glaze
- Pizza (gluten-free option): margarita; Hawaiian; Mediterranean (roasted vegetables, olives, artichokes, feta); big bird (chicken, bacon, spinach, goat cheese, pesto); bison (caramelized onions, edamame); godfather (prosciutto, arugula, roasted garlic, olives, herbed bread crumbs, truffle oil)
- Sandwiches (served until 4 pm): grown-up grilled cheese (brie, cheddar, gouda, pesto, house smoked ketchup); confit turkey club (bacon, brie, cranberry mayo); roast beef (garlic and rosemary jus, caramelized onions, cheddar, horseradish cream); smoked tuna salad (dill pickle, red onion, lemon, gouda, fresh baked croissant)
- Sweet Tooth: strawberry shortcake (shortbread biscuit, baked strawberries, chocolate sauce); peach crumble
Monday: From 5 pm, $10 select pizzas. $4 domestic bottles all day and night.
Tuesday: From 5 pm, $10 calzones (make any pizza a calzone). $7.50 double cocktails all day and night.
Wednesday: $13 jugs all day and night.
Thursday: BYO wine (no corkage until 9:30 pm).
From 5pm, $6 single Roseline, fresh pasta, capicola, provolone, pine nut basil pesto
Sunday: From 5 pm, $10 select pizzas. $9 steins all day and night.
Mains: $13 to $19
Wines: $42 to $125, 100 choices; $9 to $13.50 by the glass
11:30 am to late
Related Blog Posts
Light Lunch at the Bear Street Tavern
May 17, 2016