Banff Ave. Brewing Co.
Second floor, Clock Tower Mall, 110 Banff Avenue
Banff’s first and only brew pub makes seven well-regarded traditional and innovative beers. Their on-site lager and ale tanks are open-to-view and tours are available on request. Inspiration is also reflected in the menu that features pub favourites with flavourful culinary enhancements.
Patrons can choose a comfy booth with leather seats, a high seat at the teak bar or small table, or a soft leather couch in the Brewer’s Lounge. There is a pool table and big screen sports TVs, and the west-facing windows and balcony that overlook Banff Avenue are great for people watching and mountain gazing.
- Handcrafted Beers: Lower Bankhead black pilsner; pond hockey pale ale; Banff Ave. blond ale; blood orange hefeweizen (changes regularly)
- Appetizers: crispy friend chicken fingers; curly fries; poutine; harvest poutine (turkey, sausage stuffing, carrots, peas)
- To Share: BBQ pork ribs; chicken wings; classic nachos; edamame; Atlantic lobster maki rolls; soft pretzels and cheese fondue
- Salads: Caesar (chicken or shrimp option); mixed greens; brewer’s barley salad (romaine, butternut squash, dried cranberry, goat cheese)
- Classics (with fries): venison smokie; turkey club on naan; chicken burger; Buffalo chicken burger (cheddar, Frank’s Red Hot sauce, blue cheese ranch); Brewpub burger (lettuce, tomato, dill pickle, burger sauce); bison burger (caramelized onion, bread and butter pickle)
- Rustic Elk Meatloaf; Lower Bankhead Braised Brats
- Fish and Chips; Pan-Seared Arctic Char
- Kale Spaghetti; Wild Boar Bolognese
- Desserts: whiskey apple crisp; pumpkin-spiced bread pudding; gluten-free chocolate slice
Monday: From open to close, $4 pints (18 oz); Beer Club every Monday (except holidays) at 8 pm.
Thursday: 32-oz stein $8.
Friday: From 3 to 6 pm, half price appetizers.
Mains: $16 to $28
Drinks: wines $33 to $59, 14 choices, $9.50 to $14 by the glass, 13 choices; pints $7; sample tray of six beers of 6-oz each $14
Noon to 2 am (food served until 1 am)
Related Blog Posts
Your Guide to Thirsty Thursday in Banff
April 27, 2017
Banff Ave. Brewing Co. a Local Favourite
February 16, 2015